Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ouch! bid4prizes and Verizon took advantage of me

I have a Verizon Wireless cell phone and do not get a "paper" statement so I have been just paying the amount due each month without checking what all the charges are for.

My bill has been running about $75 per month.

Today, I went online to look at my account and found that www.bid4prizes.com has been charging me $9.99 per month without my permission. Somehow they have been adding this to my Verizon bill for 8 months!

There is no way I would have authorized any third party to charge me $9.99 per month!

First of all, I have no idea what they do nor do I care.

I am just very upset that they have been charging me without my permission.

When I called www.bid4prizes.com (bid 4 prizes) they said they would "unsubscribe" me but would not refund the eight months I have already paid.

Then I called Verizon Wireless and they said they would not refund the monies to me either. They said they were not billing me. However, they ARE billing me. The bid4prizes monthly fee is rolled into the cell phone bill.

I am very angry at Verizon Wireless AND bid4prizes since they are in it together in my opinion.

What is really disturbing to me are the countless others that are also being billed for this... without their knowledge.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger HarleyGuy said...

UPDATE: Upon further calling to supervisors at both Verizon and bid4prizes I was told I would get refunds for all of the monies that were billed to my account. Sherri from bid4prizes was very professional and sympathetic and told me that she would send me a complete refund. She also apologized for any inconvenience and told me that I may have signed up unknowingly by using PhotoBucket.

John Mitchell

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home